We use two types of cookies:
These allow us to make sure the website (The Channel) works correctly, and that we are able to meet
the needs of our audiences.
These cookies include (but are not limited to):
- to manage the function for users to like content
- to remember your preference about whether you want to view the website with or without micro interactions.
- to track your cookie preferences.
- This allows those who have rights to log into The Channel to remain logged in.
- This allows us to track your current session, using local session storage.
- This prevents us from serving some prompts too often. This information is destroyed at the end of your session.
- A persistent flag to track if you have given us preferences about what prompts you don’t want to see.
You can switch these on or off at any time and you can always change your mind. We will only use
them if you’ve agreed.
Some are erased when you close your browser. Others stay longer, sometimes forever, and are saved onto your
device so that they’re there when you come back.